A second edition of an approximately 800 page introductory financial accounting text has been developed. This version of the text has been professionally edited. It has also been revised from the first edition based on instructor feedback.
The text and all ancillary materials are freely-sharable under a Creative Commons CC-BY-SA-NC licence. There are two .pdf versions: an online version of the text is extensively bookmarked for easy access. Suggested solutions to about 25% of assessment material are included and linked to the appropriate questions and problems. The .pdf printable version includes an index. A print-based student solutions manual is available with this version.
A free, nearly 1,000-page .pdf student workbook has been developed to accompany either version of the text. Students can print out solution outlines as they need them, then fill in solutions by hand.
Original .docx source files are also available for all material to facilitate modification by individual instructors.
A free, complete instructor’s solutions manual is available upon request and review of instructor bona fides.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Financial Accounting
2. The Accounting Process
3. Financial Accounting and the Use of Adjusting Entries
4. The Classified Balance Sheet and Related Disclosures
5. Accounting for the Sale of Goods
6. Assigning Costs to Merchandize
7. Cash and Receivables
8. Long-lived Assets
9. Debt Financing: Current and Non-current Liabilities
10. Debt Financing: Bonds
11. Equity Financing
12. Proprietorships and Partnerships
13. Financial Statement Analysis
14. The Statement of Cash Flows